recipe: Strawberry Pecan Granola
Looking for a fuss-free breakfast for camping and backpacking trips? This no-cook meal uses only four ingredients and is super easy to prepare. Just add cold water, stir and enjoy!
Makes 1 serving
- 3/4 cup granola
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/4 cup freeze-dried strawberries
- 3 tablespoons whole milk powder
Add all four ingredients to a plastic bag. I like these reusable mylar bags since they have a bowl-shaped bottom and provide odor resistance for food storage when camping or backpacking.
- whole milk powder: I prefer Anthony’s whole milk powder, but you can find Nido whole milk powder in the hispanic food section at most grocery stores. Non-fat milk powder isn’t recommended due to lack of flavor and nutrients.
- freeze-dried strawberries: freeze-dried fruit tends to rehydrate faster than dehydrated
- pecans: use any type of nuts that you prefer
- granola: I like Bear Naked Granola Vanilla Almond Crisp and Triple Berry Crunch, but any granola that you like will work
- Add 4-6 ounces of cold water and stir well to hydrate the milk powder.
- Let sit for a few minutes to soften the freeze-dried fruit. Enjoy!
This post contains affiliate links for some items, which means that I Heart Pacific Northwest makes a small commission if a purchase is made through the links, but does not add to the cost of the item. All gear reviews are honest and not paid for by any company. Thank you for supporting this blog!