Tillicum Beach campground
Tillicum Beach campground, located on the central Oregon coast between the towns of Waldport and Yachats, provides great access to hiking in the Cape Perpetua Scenic Area.
Campsites with views of the ocean and an expansive beach make this a popular campground. Note that not all of the sites are next to the ocean, with most of the campsites located in a wooded area. Located 4 miles south of Waldport and 3 miles north of Yachats, this campground has 60 campsites for RVs and tents. While the campsites vary in size, most have good privacy with trees and shrubs separating them. Note that there is some highway noise due to being located next to Highway 101, but this also provides great access to exploring the central Oregon coast, including Cape Perpetua located 6 miles south. View campground map.
- Location: central Oregon Coast – Google map
- Campground & park info: Tillicum Beach campground
- Campsite cost: tent sites – $28 per night; RV sites – $36 per night
- Reservations: reserve online up to 6 months in advance at www.recreation.gov or phone 1-877-444-6777
- Season: open all year
- Facilities: 60 total campsites, some have partial hookups (no dump station)
- Amenities: potable water, flushing toilets, picnic tables, fire pits, beach access
- Nearby town for supplies: Waldport and Yachats – gas stations, restaurants, grocery stores
Hiking trails near the campground
The Cape Perpetua Scenic Area is located 6 miles south of Tillicum Beach campground. With 26 miles of trails, this area contains some of the best remaining old growth forest on the Oregon Coast. Also not to be missed are short trails to coastline features including Devils Churn, Cooks Chasm, Thors Well, and Spouting Horn. A visitors center has exhibits that highlight the cultural and natural history of this unique area. View my trip report for the Cooks Ridge/Gwynn Creek loop hike.