Washburne State Park campground
Located on the Oregon Coast between the towns of Yachats and Florence, the Carl G. Washburne State Park includes a day use area for beach access and a scenic forested campground.
- Location: central Oregon Coast – Google map
- Campground & park info: Carl G. Washburne State Park; campground map
- Campsite cost: tent sites – $23 per night; RV sites – $31-33 per night
- Reservations: reserve online up to 6 months in advance
- Season: open all year
- Facilities: 41 full hookup sites; 14 electric & water sites; 7 walk-in tent sites (closed seasonally); hiker/biker camp; 2 yurts
- Amenities: potable water, flush toilets, showers, picnic tables, fire pits, beach access
- Nearby town for supplies: Yachats and Florence – gas stations, restaurants, grocery stores
Day Use Area
The day use area for the park provides access miles of beach, with restrooms and parking for trail access.
Hiking trails near the campground
For hikers, this location is ideal due to access to multiple hiking trails, including a section of the Oregon Coast Trail. From the campground’s south trailhead, the 1.5 mile long Valley Trail leads to two hikes: the Heceta Head Trail, and the Hobbit Trail. From the north trailhead, take a 1/2 mile route through coastal forest to the beach. View my trip report for the Heceta Head Lighthouse and Hobbit Beach loop hike.
I Heart Pacific Northwest is a participant in affiliate link programs through Amazon and Avantlink, which provides a small commission if a purchase is made through gear links on this site. This does not change the price of the item. I am not sponsored by any gear companies and the items listed here are owned by me and unless otherwise stated, are purchased with my own funds. My policy is to only link to products that I've used and would recommend. Thank you for supporting this blog!